How to start a Flyer Distribution Business
You can start this small business even if you’re flat broke.The flyer business is a great business to get started in if you need to earn some money. It’s easy to get started and it’s a small home based business that is affordable to get up and running.
With just a little foot work and some design and sales skills you can be making money quickly and easily. This is one of my favorite businesses because, first flyers work, that’s why pizza companies and others use them so often.
I’m sure you recognize the traditional Pizza Door Knob Flyers as shown here.
Again the reason why pizza companies use them is because they work. Their proven. I’ve ordered pizza’s before just because I found one of these on my door and all the sudden “I Wanted Pizza”.
The Flyer Business will work in any area, big city or small town. Business owners are always looking for ways to get customers in the door and flyers are a great way to let potential customers know about a new sale.
How Much Does It Cost To Start A Flyer Distribution Business?
The answer, not much! This is a business that you can get started in for less than $50.00 in fact you can start this business with $0.00
As with many of the small businesses covered here on Pennyroll.com there are many levels at which you can get involved.
What Do You Need To Get Started?
It all depends on what level you want to begin, but on the basic level. This is all you need.
- A sense of marketing (required)
- A Printer (optional)
- A sales approach (required)
That’s really about it. Other than that you can enlist the services of a local printing company and you can start with simple colored paper and black ink. The premise is really simply, all you’re going to do is take a message from a local business to a local customer via a piece of paper.
Here are the basic steps.
- Come up with pricing Here’s a little formula that might work for the distribution fee.
- Go to local business and make them aware that you have a flyer distribution business. Let them know that you can both design & distribute the advertisements. You can also create a flyer for your flyer business to leave with potential customers but don’t let this become your entire sales pitch because that won’t work. You have to talk to your customers.
- Work with your clients to determine which sale they would like to promote. Buy one get one free? 10% percent off? A simple introduction to the store.
- Design the flyers, if you’re not a great designer, it really doesn’t matter. Microsoft Office has flyer advertisement designs. If you don’t have a copy of MS Word you can use Open Office it’s free and offers flyer templates as well. And if you need design software, you can get a free copy of Gimp
- Pass out flyers to homes, business and on vehicles.
Every business owner is a potential customer, but some business types are better than other’s. Restaurants, and services are a great place to start. House painters and similar service businesses are a great potential lead.
If you’ve had trouble finding a job, if you want to make some money in your spare time, or if you want to start a full time business. The flyer business is a business you can get started in right now.